You are invited to the Quakers’ Green Day on Saturday 7 October from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm at the Friends Meeting House, Chapel Lane, Bakewell.
See how local Quakers take positive action for the planet
Bakewell’s contribution to Quaker Outreach Week –
a national event.
Sessions are as follows:
- 11.30: Fracking – What is fracking, and how might it affect this area? [Roger Clarke with David Burley, Frack Free South Yorkshire]
- 12.30: Local to Global – How we can support the efforts of communities overseas to protect their environment and livelihoods: presentation and discussion. [David Winder and speakers from Practical Action and Village Aid.]
- 1.30: My Life in Clothes – A light-hearted overview [with Judith Green and Helen Jagger]
- 2.30: Faith into Action – How does our faith inspire us to action? [Sue Isaac]
- 3.30: How should we campaign? -A workshop on thoughts, decisions and tools. [Heike Huschauer. David Clark facilitator]
- Cherishing the World – Display of social action, with sustainability focus, by members of the Meeting. Incorporates poster for visitors to add their own commitment.
- Local to Global – Display/activities on local community engagement with world-wide development. Includes Traidcraft stall led by Peter Bird. Involves other organisations with which we are connected: Village Aid and Practical Action.
- Recycle – Includes food waste.
- Clothes – Taking control of your clothes.
- Produce – Produce stall. Focus on apples, jams and preserves.
- Transport & Travel – Travel cheaply and sustainably using walking, cycling and public transport. Cycle to work. Electric car and electric bike display.